Sunday, March 13, 2016

SOL 14 - End of story

I am suddenly dragged to my feet. Usually when this happens it means I will get a small meal or a bathroom break. Not this time. Someone in black unties my hands but it doesn’t matter because I can’t move them anyway. The person yanks me toward the door, which is open. I can’t tell if it is day or night. I never got to see the outside of this building because when I arrived I had been knocked out.
We are in the middle of a field. There is so much grass everywhere, every direction I look. There are no power lines or cell towers or any other people besides me and the man who kidnapped me. It is dawn and I am surrounded by an ocean of grass and pale pink shy.
The man lets go of my arm. I don’t know if I should run and I don’t even know if I can run now. The man seems to be waiting for something so I start walking. The man grunts something to himself and reaches into his coat pocket.
I’ve seen this before. I know what’s about to happen from every crime and horror TV show I’ve ever watched. Voices, hissing like tiny snakes all around me, tell me to run. So I do. I run and run until

 
The man puts his gun back into his pocket. The job is done and he feels no regret. A weight has been lifted from his shoulders. He turns, climbs into his car, and drives away.

5 comments:

  1. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW COULD YOU KILL YOURSELF???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was waiting to see if anything good happened. Then you killed the main character, and since it's in first perspective, I think you killed yourself. Nice story though. Why did the kidnapper kidnap if he was just going to kill the kid anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sad your story is over!!!! i wish there was more, and i am sad it has a sad ending. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a really good story. It was very suspenseful and descriptive! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a really good story. It was very suspenseful and descriptive! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That was extremely unexpected. When I first read this I was like Willa, my jaw dropped and I went NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????? It CAN'T BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your story was really good and descriptive, even though the ending was abrupt and unexpected. I like how you slowly build up the tension through the story.

    ReplyDelete