Friday, March 4, 2016

SOL 5 - Quoth the Kitty

Once upon an evening boring, while I rested, nearly snoring,
Over many a brown and wooden plank of my bedroom floor
     While I groaned, nearly stirring, suddenly there came a purring,
As of someone gently spurring, spurring me with paws of four.
"'Tis some annoying cat," I muttered, "spurring me with paws of four
          "Only this and nothing more."

     Ah, distinctly I'd forgotten, so I plugged my ears with cotton;
But each meow (that cat is rotten!) pierced me as it did before.
     Eagerly I wished her elsewhere; angrily I shot my best glare
     But the cat wanted to stay therestay there as I lost the war
To the loud and fearsome kitty whom only deaf folks can ignore
          Meowing here for evermore.

     And even though she's itty-bitty, the meowing of this certain kitty
Crazed meamazed me that this little kitty could so loudly roar;
     So that now, to stop from screaming, I told myself that I was dreaming
"'Tis some cat demanding pets while prodding me with paws of four
Some annoying cat demanding pets while prodding me with paws of four;
          This is it and nothing more."

     Presently my ears grew stronger; I would listen to this no longer,
"Kitty," said I, "Truly your silence I implore;
     The fact is that I now abhor you, some tuna I will open for you,
     And surely this will start to bore you, meowing with your paws of four,
Now please Kitty, leave me, will you?"here I opened wide the door
         The kitty left, and nothing more.
Cheerio
   
   

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Nice! This is a lot like the poem, 'The Raven'. Nice job with all the rhyming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem, I really like your rhyming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is fantastic with the idea, the rhyming and the humor! You could consider entering this into a poetry contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. Thea, now you make me feel bad about my slices. Great, great, job. This is fantastic. The riff off The Raven is obvious without you taking too much from it, and the subject and flow is great. The humor also provides a good backdrop too. Max is right: This would really do well in a poetry contest; you are a skilled writer.

    ReplyDelete