Thursday, March 3, 2016

SOL 4 - Interviewing My Math Book

Thea: So to start us off, what is your profession?
Math: Boring children to death.
Thea: Oookay. Can you give me a little more on that?
Math: First I teach them a math concept. Then I kill them.
Thea: Sounds... Fascinating.
Math: Yes.
Thea: ...
Math: Want to hear a funny math joke?
Thea: ...
Math: A sheepdog herds all the sheep into a pen, then goes to the farmer. "All 40 sheep are accounted for," the dog says. "But I only have 36 sheep," says the farmer. "I know," says the dog, "but I rounded them up."
Thea: Ha. Ha.
Math: Anyway, I've incorporated a few "radical" videos into my book to appeal to young people.
Thea: I would like to ask you a few more things.
Math: What acute idea!
Thea: What do you do for fun?
Math: Kill 11-14 year old kids.
Thea: Yes, you told me. What else?
Math: That's it.
Thea: All right. I will go now.
Math: But you're 13.
Thea: Yes. What's your poi...... oh.
Math: 😉

9 comments:

  1. Haha this is really funny. I really like this SOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, great SOL. Very clever and with so many math puns. One of the best I've yet seen. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really funny!! Great idea for a slice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very funny, and really creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very funny, and really creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very funny, and really creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty sure opinions on this are divided. On one hand, people think this is acute SoL and funny. But look at it from another angle: Math books can't talk, subtracting from it's value. In fact, it's like the square root of -1!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That is a pretty interesting slice, a great idea, really. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree, and I do think that math books have a tendency to be rather malicious. Nice Slive! Oh no! it has come to haunt me too.

    ReplyDelete