Friday, March 25, 2016

SOL 25 - Snow Day!

     I wake up, groggy. The clock I have projected on my ceiling (I like to know the time when it's dark) blinks a big red 10:45 am. Jolting up in bed, I wonder if my parents forgot to wake me up for school. Or maybe my clock is wrong. Maybe it's 10:45 pm. I throw off the 3 blankets I have on my bed and walk sleepily to my parents' room down the hall, past the window.
     "Mom? Why didn't you wake me up?"
     "Snow day! The school called me at 5:30."
     "Snow day? But... there's no snow."
     "Look out the window."
     I backtrack down the hallway. The apple and cherry trees are bending with a foot or so of snow on every branch. Occasionally a squirrel tries to hop across the tall wooden fence, falls in the heavy snow, and clambers back up.
     It's freezing by the window. I mumble an "ok" to my mom and climb back in bed. I don't go out of my house for the rest of the day.

3 comments:

  1. I liked how you described the trees bending under the weight of the snow. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very descriptive! It reminds me of my experience on the snow day this week!! Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very descriptive, nice job! This is really cool and has some striking visuals.

    ReplyDelete