Thursday, March 17, 2016

SOL 17 - My Life Story

     I was born in Kansas to Ma and Pa. As a young lad, I worked on the farm with them. I fed the chickens, and milked the cows. Oh, those were the glory days!
     One day, it all changed. A big twister came speeding down the prairie faster than you could say "howdy!" I hollered to Ma and Pa to get to the shelter, but they were too late. I was the only one that survived,
     16 and alone, I walked the fearsome two miles to the nearest town, fending off prairie dogs and small lizard along the way. I reached the town after days without water. Then I had to stop by the saloon to ask about work. One fella told me "if ya wanna pet dem kittens all day, I'll hire ya." "Naw," I says, "I'm too good to pet lil' fuzzy kittens and get paid for it." With no work found, I walked back into the prairie.  My last thought as I walked up to the farmhouse was: "Oh look, there's another darn tootin twister comin' right at me."
     Thus concludes my life story.

2 comments:

  1. 0,0 you really like to kill you main character. But, I guess this is a really good idea. Nice slice

    ReplyDelete
  2. You refused to be payed to pet kittens? You deserve that tornado! Nice story.

    ReplyDelete