Wednesday, March 16, 2016

SOL 16 - Grammar

Image result for slice of life
So, you no how when some people use uncorrect grammar it makes you mad? Yes, me to. I get so frustrated when, they're is a comma in the wrong place. I refuse to talk to people if their using the wrong grammar. The rules should be simple. I learned them a very, long time ago. Also when people do not do not not proofread it makes making me angery. As you can tell , Im the master of grammar and speling. If you don't use correct gramar, I will find where your hiding and go their. 

I'm sorry, even writing this SOL made me mad. For your convenience, here are the correct rules for words that get misused constantly:
Your - possessive. 
ex "That's your cat." 

You're - contraction of "you are." 
ex "You're very nice (you are very nice)."

There - a place. 
ex "There is a cat."

Their - possesive of another person. 
ex "That's their cat, not yours."

They're - contraction of "they are." 
ex "They're very nice (they are very nice)."

Where - a place. 
ex "Where are we going with your cat?"

We're - contraction of "we are." 
ex "We're going there with your cat. You're impatient."

Were - past tense of "are."
ex "We were going there with your cat."

Please don't mess these up or I will come into your house at night and steal your cat. :) 

4 comments:

  1. Why tank you, your really good at speling and have good grammar. I guess you will have to find me hide out 'cause I don't have good grammar. (Just kidding, I'm doing this to annoy you) Nice slive! (The slive will haunt you...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Willa!! That bugs me too. Seriously? I know it was on purpose, but please do not use contractions like 'cause unless it's in dialogue and dialect.
    Thea!! Nice slice. This is very true and I agree with you completely. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This bugged me really a lot, and I'm perturbed just, reading; your slice! I feel these points strongly, and we agree, with most, of the points u mak. This was very frustrating to write! And I think your slice will probably give me night mares. Nice slice, however!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, this actually really bugs me too. I could barely read the first part of your slice. Cool idea, nice!

    ReplyDelete