Saturday, March 19, 2016

SOL 19 - The Stress of Almost Forgetting a Blog

     It's just a normal day. I'm sitting in a hot tub with my friend who's about to be bat-mitzvah'd in Joshua Tree, CA. We kick our feet in the warm water. This is so peaceful. We're talking about school. My friend mentions how her school does lots of contests every year and the winning classes get a pizza party or even a day to skip school. She asks me what my school does. I tell her we do lots of fun stuff also, including the Slice of Life Challen-
     WAIT.
     I FORGOT TO POST MY BLOG.
     I'm now freaking out. I know I can just miss a day of posting, that's not that bad. But I need that Starbucks. I need to post every single day or I will be forever mad at myself. Now, you may just be thinking, "Thea, why don't you just go post now?" But I'm in the desert. There's no wifi. 
     Frantically, I jump out of the hot tub telling my friend that I forgot to do something and I'll be right back. I throw on a sweater on top of my swimsuit and rush across the dusty road to where my parents are. My dad has a hotspot on his phone. He can fix this. I convince him to turn on the hotspot and dash inside to where my computer is. Clicking the Publish button, a weight lifts off my shoulders. I'm still in the Starbucks running for one more day. 

3 comments:

  1. That sounds so stressful! This totally explains how I've felt every night this week, nice SOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, that sounds stressful having no wifi and stuff, glad you can still come to Starbucks!

    ReplyDelete